Thursday, April 1, 2010

Scripture 5

Our Hope

HE is our Hope. We have been reading through Romans during life group and I have been thinking of the hope that is sprinkled throughout that book! Especially in Romans 8, it is so full of hope! Hope, not just in our present circumstances, but hope in future glory! Easter is only a few days away, and I can’t think of a better theme of scripture to meditate on than HOPE. I’m praying that we rejoice in HOPE this Easter weekend, and pray for those who have yet to put their faith in Christ . . . that they would understand the Hope of Jesus’ life, death, and most of all resurrection. I’m posting a few scriptures on hope, feel free to pick the one that you want to memorize and meditate on!

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” (Romans 5:1-5)

“For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.” (Romans 8:24-25) *All of Romans 8 is HOPE!!

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” (Romans 12:12)

“Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you.” (Psalm 33:22)

“For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O LORD, from my youth.” (Psalm 71:5)

“Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.” (Psalm 119:49-50)

“For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth.” (Job 19:25)

“For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

“He is not here, for he has risen . . .” (Matthew 28:6)

1 comment:

  1. May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

    I love what you articulated about hope in our Redeemer! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete