Friday, November 26, 2010

Abide

Jesus, the living Vine in heaven, and I, the living branch on earth! How little have I understood how great my need of-and also how perfect my claim to-all His fullness! How little understood, how great his need of-and also how perfect His claim to-my emptiness!

Jesus is indeed to me the True Vine, bearing me, nourishing me, supplying me, using me, and filling me to the full to make me bring forth fruit abundantly. Then I will not fear to say, ‘I am indeed a branch to Jesus, the True Vine, abiding in Him, resting on Him, waiting for Him, serving Him, and living only that through me He may show forth the riches of His grace and give His fruit to a perishing world.’

You are weak, but I am strong; you are poor, but I am rich. Only abide in Me; yield yourself wholly to My teaching and rule, simply trust My love, My grace, My promises. Only believe; I am wholly yours. I am the Vine, you are the branch. Abide in Me.

Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment