Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

Okay, yep . . . it's that time of year. I know everyone is making them only to fall short on keeping them! NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS. I love to set goals, make lists, evaluate, reflect, etc. So that's what I've been doing anticpating this new year. However, I know that when I do this, they tend to become more of a "weight" than a goal. So I'm reflecting and evaluating.

What would I like to 2011 to be like? What will I do different next year? What are some new things I'd like to try? How can I live in a way that brings more honor and glory to God?

So here are my goals for 2011:
1. Simplicity. Resting. Remaining. Abiding. Fullness in Him!

2. Live intentionally. How can I be intentional in spending my time? Having conversations? Sharing God's love? Serving others? Doing life with purpose and passion?

3. Be healthy. All around.
Spiritually-keep Jesus the main thing. Know Him . . . Make Him known.
Physically-sleep, exercise, healthy eating (these are the things I'm the worst at).
Relationally-God first, Santino second, figure out the rest :)

4. Try new things. In 2010 it was painting. 2011, maybe sewing, photography, new recipes??

5. Read. More Bible-transform and renew my mind daily (Romans 12:1-2). Read the books on my shelf that have been waiting for me! And seriously, I'm not buying another book until these 16 on my shelf are read (unless I see a good one).

So some are broad, some are simple, some are fun! Balance. These are my goals. Now I seek the Lord and say, what are your goals for me this year?

The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the LORD. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. (Proverbs 16:1-3)

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. (Psalm 37:4-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment