Monday, September 19, 2011

All aTwitter

I decided to check Twitter quickly this morning. It’s amazing how these little tweets can spur me on throughout the day to continue to believe on Him.

I wish these quotes didn’t leave a mark on my heart. But, they did. I wish they weren’t so relatable, so true in my life. But, they are. And so I pray through it. Thanking the LORD that He refines, He warns, He examines, He convicts, He purifies . . . and He can even do all of this through others and their tweets.

God uses the picture of physical food to point to universal spiritual hunger. Life is all about what we look to to fill us.
-Paul Tripp

Let me be filled by You . . .



God questions us, "Why spend money on what's not bread and labor on what doesn't satisfy." Sadly, many of us do that day after day.-Paul Tripp
Father . . . that You alone would satisfy.



Backsliding generally first begins with neglect of private prayer. -Mark Driscoll quoting JC Ryle.
Slipping away is subtle. LORD lead me not into temptation . . .



There is no way you will be able to grow spiritually apart from a deep involvement in a community of other believers.-Tim Keller
We need eachother. Let me be authentic, honest, and teachable with my sisters-in-Christ so that I may be encouraged to grow in You.



We never imagine that getting our heart's deepest desires might be the worst thing that can ever happen to us. –Tim Keller
Thank you for not giving me my idols. Oh LORD that you would change my desires to be your desires, holy, righteous, and pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment