Friday, January 6, 2012

52 Days

Last semester at Academy, on the final night, Rick talked about Ezra and Nehemiah. He brought to light how broken Ezra and Nehemiah were over the condition of Israel in regards to their relationship with the LORD. It led them into a time of confession, repentance, grief, mourning, fasting, prayer, and ultimately, action. Renewing their relationship for the LORD by opening His word, studying it, teaching it, and putting it into practice.

Rick shared how the wall was finished in just 52 days.

52 days. If God can use His people to finish the wall in just 52 days, what could He do in my life, in our church, in 52 days? What if I humbled myself, in mourning-prayer-fasting, for the sake of His kingdom for the next 52 days . . . what could He possible do?

So my question to all of you . . . would you be interested in joining me for a time of prayer over the next 52 days (about 8 weeks)? I'm talking confession, repentance, and "pushing on the gates" type of stuff? Starting out 2012 in a season of prayer . . . personally, for our church, and most of all for His kingdom?

Praying daily on our time, and then gathering once a week to pray with others for our church?

Let's push on the gates together . . .


"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matthew 16:18)

"And I said, “O LORD God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, let your ear be attentive and your eyes open, to hear the prayer of your servant that I now pray before you day and night for the people of Israel your servants, confessing the sins of the people of Israel, which we have sinned against you." (Nehemiah 1:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment