Friday, August 10, 2012

What is Faith?

I’ve been doing a little word study on faith.



For some reason, the story in Mark 5 just wrecks me. It is the only time Jesus calls someone “daughter”.

“And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.” (v.34)

Her faith has made her well.

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,” (Ephesians 2:8)

By grace through faith we have been saved!

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7)

By faith we finish the race.

Faith: Human belief in and reliance upon the divine.
Faith: Dependence upon, confident trust, reliance


Faith is more than belief . . . it’s reliance.
It’s not passive, it’s courageous.

It is faith, this dependence, confident trust, reliance upon the LORD that
Makes us well
Saves us
Gives us peace
Helps us continue on

When I’m facing trials . . . do I have a reliance upon God? Do I have confident trust, dependence upon Him? Will I be able to say “I fought the good fight, I finished the race, I have kept the faith?”

I hope so. By the power of the Holy Spirit oh LORD I hope so!

Oh how I long to hear the words “Daughter . . . your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.”

No comments:

Post a Comment