Sunday, January 24, 2010

Obey & Worship

We finished reading Exodus a couple of weeks ago and I was looking back through my notes and some of the scriptures I had underlined. It was amazing to glance through His word like this, and to see these big themes jump right off the page! Look at some of the scriptures I had underlined during our time in Exodus:

15:26-“If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”

19:5-“Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine;”

24:7-“Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it in the hearing of the people. And they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient.”

25:8-“And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst.”

34:6-“The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness,”

34:8-“And Moses quickly bowed his head toward the earth and worshiped.

I loved learning about the Law and seeing God’s heart behind it all . . . to protect us from disease, to heal us, to guide us to the Promised Land, to treasure us, to dwell with us, to love us . . . that we may worship Him. God’s plan for us is simple, obey and worship. Following may not be simple, life is certainly not easy, but oh that through these trials we would obey His voice and worship Him. Obey and worship. Let that be the mark of our lives, we are a people who obey and worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment