Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Far Above

“. . . what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet . . .” (Ephesians 1:19-22)

If Jesus Christ, my Redeemer, my Savior, is FAR ABOVE all things, if all things are under His feet, if He is seated at the right hand of the Father, why do I doubt? If God’s immeasurable greatness of His power is accessible toward us who believe, why do I not trust? Stay paralyzed? Frozen? Confused? Insecure? Frustrated? Why do I try to work or be strong in my own strength?

Christ is FAR ABOVE all . . . He died that I would live in freedom. He was raised that I might have life. He is in the heavenly places interceding for me right now that I might become the woman God intends for me to be. LORD, help me to remember you are far above all and your power is beyond my comprehension.

“But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)

“So we do not lose heart . . . as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:16, 18)

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment