Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Scripture 15

My Food
“Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.” (John 4:34)

My last two bible studies have referenced this scripture. I think the LORD is trying to teach me something?!?!?!

My current bible study said “Jesus time on earth was limited, but he never hurried”. In Charles E. Hummel’s Tyranny of the Urgent he talked about how we often let the “urgent” things in our life crowd out the “important”. He says “Jesus’ prayerful waiting for God’s instructions freed Him from the tyranny of the urgent. It gave Him a sense of direction, set a steady pace, and enabled Him to do every task assigned by the Father. Jesus worked hard, yet his life was never feverish, he always had time for people.”

I am reminded of how Jesus could have gone to many more towns, healed many more people, discipled 112 instead of just 12, and he didn’t. He only did the will of the Father. He drew back, stopped, paused, rested, retreated, prayed, obeyed, and worshipped. I am reminded that my sufficiency is in Christ. I am fulfilled by abiding and delighting in Him. I am reminded by this scripture that I am called to do the will of the Father. Nothing more . . . nothing less. That will be my nourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment