Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Living Sacrifice

Scripture 1
I love Romans 12! It summarizes how we should live in response to the Gospel. It shows how we are to live out our new life, use our gifts, treat others within the church, our neighbors, and even our enemies. It is a chapter I read regularly and something I pray for often . . . to be a Romans 12 Christian.

The first verse in this chapter mentions a very important word, sacrifice. “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.” (Romans 12:1)

I looked up the word sacrifice, and in many of the definitions I saw the word surrender. Some synonyms for sacrifice are relinquish, forgo, renounce. To be a living sacrifice I must offer my body, my life, and lay aside my plans, my agenda, and my way. When I do that, I worship Him.
Our spiritual life starts here.

Sacrifice. Surrender. Relinquish. Worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment