Friday, June 8, 2012

Comforted

I had a discouraging day yesterday. Nothing big, just lots of little things that left my heart feeling heavy.

I woke up today so refreshed and encouraged.

Because the LORD is the God of ALL comfort and He used His people to comfort me.

I didn't realize how many people from my past/present I would see yesterday.

I stopped by my old school to pick up things for our bag sale. I saw so many old friends who said over and over "I miss you". Not just the generic "I miss you" either, the kind that grabs your arm, looks you in the eye and says "I miss you seeing you and having you here."

My love language is words of affirmation, so I was feeling so uplifted.

My boss/mentor/friend pulled me aside to encourage and affirm me. That speaks love to me.

I got home to women in my lifegroup at my house organizing stuff for our sale. I love feeling like my home is open and welcome enough that people could be there even when I'm not.

I had a friend from highschool drop off a gift to say "Happy Anniversary" and wrote me the sweetest card. Again, words speak love to me, and her card and gesture meant the world to me.

I had another friend from life group come by and we chatted for about 30 mins.

Our favorite family, The Rumleys, stopped by with ice cream and stayed to hang out.

Our neighbors came over and we watched the kids play in the fountain in my backyard.


People.
Words.
Gifts.

All made me feel loved yesterday.

It just reminded me that when the LORD puts something/someone on your heart, respond. Call them. Bring them ice cream. Stop by with a gift. You don't know how much that will encourage them!

The LORD uses people to comfort His people.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment