Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just a Little . . .

As you read through 1 Kings you see Solomon go from seeking God . . . to seeking wives . . . to allowing idol worship. You see him go from good . . . to bad . . . to worse. A little compromise here, a little compromise there, and soon he is far from the LORD. So far from the LORD that the subtitle of Chapter 12 reads “Solomon turns from the LORD.”

What happen to this God fearing, wisdom seeking man from 1 Kings 3?

Slowly and steadily . . . he compromised. Little steps away from God, little steps toward sin, and soon, he turned from the LORD. Just like Eve. Our pastor once shared “notice how Satan didn’t ask Eve to turn from the LORD and deny Him all together, he just asked her to take a little bite.”

Just a little compromise. Just a little doubt. Just a little fear. Just a little greed. Just a little sin.

I’m wondering in my own life where I’m taking little steps away from God? Where am I taking “just a little bite” of sin? As a friend once shared with me, “if a ship gets off by even one degree on its journey, it will end up far off from its destination.” Just one little degree.

So where am I compromising “just a little”? Oh LORD help me to see my folly and turn! Oh that I would follow you with ALL of my heart.

“For you will make known to me the path of life . . .”
(Psalm 16:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment