Sunday, May 15, 2011

Simple or Simple Minded

“The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15)

In Proverbs, you see these 3 characters over and over: The Wise, The Fool, and The Simple. I am all for simplicity, I try my very best not to be “busy”. In Ann Voskamp’s book “1000 Gifts” she says "Simplicity is ultimately a matter of focus. Eucharisteo. That keeps the focus simple--sacred.” However, this verse is not talking about keeping your life simple but warning against being simple minded.

I’m finding that God wants us to trust, have faith, rest in Him . . . AND . . . be wise, discerning, thoughtful, and plan. So I'm trying to find balance in that, trying to live in both. My life is a big question mark right now regarding career path. I don’t want to be haste and go after things He doesn’t intend for me to do, but I also don’t want to be simple and follow everything.

So I will wait on Him . . . AND be thoughtful. Simple life, not simple minded. Have faith like a child but grow up in my thinking.

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:3)

“Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.” (1 Corinthians 14:20)

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.” (Isaiah 55:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment