Thursday, May 12, 2011

When I Grow Up

Yesterday, my students wrote about what they wanted to be when they grow up. We had the usuals . . . teacher, doctor, loyr (lawyer), mechanic, and the student who wants to be a police officer because “you get guns and cool stuff and you get to say freeze!” And then some originals . . . work at Foot Locker, work in a nail salon, runner, UFC fighter, vegetarian (I think she meant veterinarian), and “famous” (that was all she put, no job, just wants to be famous).

As they were writing, one of my student’s asked “Mrs.Danisi, if you got fired from this job, what would you want to be?”

Hmmmm . . . funny she would ask that. I’ve been wondering that since March 15th?!?! She had no idea just how much I’ve been considering this question. After getting my pink slip along with hundreds of other teachers, I have been seeking what my future holds.

While other teachers started actively pursuing other districts, I didn’t. I felt the LORD tell me to “wait”. Wait on Him. He had something in the works for me, just to wait. Would it be teaching? Something else? I don’t know. But I just had this confident feeling that He will provide. He will make known to me the path of life (Psalm 16:11) and for now, I just need to wait on Him.

A pastor I loved listening to would always talk about giving Jesus the steering wheel to your life. I may not know where I’m headed, but I know who is driving. I trust that He is taking me somewhere. I get to sit in the passenger seat while the One who has been given all authority in heaven and on earth (Matthew 28:18, Ephesians 1:20-23) drives me to my new destination. I’ll sit back and enjoy the scenery until we arrive!

“Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment