Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Good Stewardship & "7"

I've been trying to devote Tuesdays on this blog to stewardhsip and practical tips for using our time, talent, and treasures wisely. Last month, I examined how much money we spend on food. I read recently that Americans waste about 40% of the food that's produced, which led me to waste less and save more. We were able to save $150on groceries just by eating all of our left overs and buying only what we need at the grocerty store (no junk, no goodies, etc.)

So in May, I thought I'd pick a new focus. I'm excited to tell you that our Book Club will be reading this:

"7 : An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" by Jen Hatmaker





"7" is the true story of how Jen took seven months, identified seven areas of excess, and made seven simple choices to fight back against the modern-day diseases of greed, materialism, and overindulgence.



I'm excited to evaluate what is excessive or unnecessary in my life, and what I can do live on less, to be able to give more! Want to read along with us??

No comments:

Post a Comment