Friday, February 10, 2012

Fun Friday: 2 New Recipes, 1 New Habit

So, I've dedicated Fridays on this blog to trying new things, FUN things. This week I tried 2 new recipes (both from my mother-in-law) and started one new habit.

Simple Baked Chicken
Preheat oven to 400.
Rub chicken breasts with olive oil, paprika, & season salt. (I was out of paprika so I used cayenne pepper, and didn't have season salt so I used garlic salt. NO measurements, I just guessed.)
Put chicken on foil. (On foil, don't wrap it in foil.)
Bake for 20 minutes on top shelf.
Turn chicken over, bake for 10 more minutes.

Done! How easy is that? And since we baked it on foil, I did not have pan to wash, so so so so easy!

Easy Marinara
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1 tbl minced garlic
-4 cups of crushed tomatoes
Heat olive oil. Cook garlic for 1-2 mins on med-lo (don't let it brown). Add in crush tomatoes and cook for about 30 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.


I love learning new recipes that are simple and basic. You can use these for so many different meals!

One New Habit: Walky-Talkies
No, not the toy. I love to meet with friends for coffee and talk about life. And, I desperately need accountability when it comes to exercise. So I decided instead of meeting for coffee to talk, we could meet for walks! My friend Jenny inspired me to get my fitness on. She took me on a 4 mile walk Monday and I've gone walking almost every day since!

What new things or fun things are you trying??

No comments:

Post a Comment