Thursday, February 2, 2012

Q & A

I’ve mentioned before I did not grow up knowing the LORD or with much knowledge about the bible. So, when I started to seek Truth, I had LOTS of questions.

For me, I grew up hearing all the time about Jesus being “the only way”. I heard “Don’t you know He died for your sins?” I had no idea what this meant or how it could be true. So for me, before I placed my faith in Christ, I had some questions.

1. Who is Jesus?
2. What does His death have to do with me?
3. Why is HE the only way to Heaven?


Although we are saved by grace, through faith (Ephesians 2:8), there are some facts, some knowledge we base our decision on. I needed to hear some evidence, some truth, and some explanation of these things. I needed to know before I believed. Because after all, with knowledge comes understanding, right?

There are still many things I don’t understand. I know I walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). I also know God says His thoughts are not like our thoughts, and His ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55), but I still have lots of questions. Many of which I believe I can find the answer to.

So . . . how about you? Do you find yourself asking questions, trying to understand better, make sense of it all? I don’t think we’ll ever fully grasp God and His infinite wisdom or His purpose to why things happen . . . but I certainly think if we ask, if we seek, we can find answers.

What questions do you have? If you could find the answer to any question about God, the bible, spirituality, life, etc. what would you ask? Leave it below, let’s answer seek Him out together!

“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” (James 1:5)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I have never understood the Trinity....I know I probably never will. There are times when I think I have it all solved and then something takes it away and I begin questioning it again. I know the bible says Jesus is the image of the invisible God. So that means He is God. I can try to grabst that somehow,with God,there can be more than one that are exactly the same.He and Jesus,but what about the Holy Spirit? Does the bible say the Holy Spirit is God too?

    Those are my questions. I have many more to ask,but this one is my main question....Well,no it's not....I just thought of another one. Who do I pray to? Father? Jesus taught us to pray to Him. Some say it doesn't matter which we pray to....but during my prayers,I try to include them all so I don't worship one more than the other. So confused......Help me!

    ReplyDelete