Friday, February 24, 2012

Fun with Family {And A Few Recipes}

I had a fun-filled week with family!

Monday, my mother-in-law came over to teach me two of my favorite recipes she makes for me. (Please excuse all of the pictures. I took them with my iphone and I'm also the absolute worst picture taker ever!).



Easy Marinara (which I posted before, but made it wrong)

1/4 cup olive oil
4 tbl finely minced garlic
2 tbl dried oregano
Garlic Salt & Pepper
1 tbl crush red peper


Heat olive oil over med, add garlic and cook for 2-3 more mins (don't let brown). Add in 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes. Add in oregano, garlic salt & pepper, crushed red pepper and let simmer about 45 mins.

Capellini Pomodoro
1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lb vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
20 basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
1 lb capellini (angel hair)


Heat olive oil over med. Add in garlic about 2-3 mins. Add in tomatoes and turn to low for 5 mins. Turn off heat, add in basil leaves, salt and pepper (to taste). Pour over pasta, add in gorgonzola.

Aren't these so simple and great!?!!

Thursday my little sister came to town for a concert and we got to have an early dinner together. She is so beautiful, but again, my picture taking makes her look a little haunted or something?

I.LOVE.HER. a crazy amount. Like I cry when I think of her being a little girl, for no reason!

And the best part of all. . .

My brother & sister-in-law moved back to Fresno!!! Oh my gosh, we are thrilled out of our minds to have them back. My husband took this picture with the caption "It all feels right again". Yes it does. Welcome back Gianni & Cydney!

2 comments:

  1. Capellini Pomodoro is just about my favorite Italian dish; it runs a close second to Eggplant Parmigiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those recipes sound easy and the food looks awesome. I'm gonna try both of the recipes. Wow, family dinners together. It's a lost art! -Hope

    ReplyDelete