Friday, March 16, 2012

Fun Friday: Prayer Walks

So this week, I think I walked outside every day! Now, many of you may not consider walking "exercise" but I found this on Pinterest to prove you wrong!!



Lots of healthy benefits for walking you see!

But I added a little something to my walks this week. I feel incredibly close to the LORD when I'm alone, talking with Him. Not all of you are like that, but for me I just love alone time with the Father. So this week I put my headphones in (so as not to seem crazy to people who passed by) but left my music off, and prayed aloud. As I walked around the neighborhood, I would pray for neighbors, friends, people that came to mind or the LORD put on my heart.

It was so refreshing to walk and talk to the LORD and pray for others. It is absolutely beautiful outside right now. The weather is perfect, the trees are blooming and gorgeous, oh I just love it! And I just love having Jesus as my walking partner. I wonder if that's how Adam and Eve felt before the broken fellowship with the Father.

Remember in Genesis 3:8 "And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day" (then dang sin entered and they hid in guilt and shame) but oh how peaceful it must have been before that!

Can you imagine having this much intimacy and closeness to the LORD? I can't wait for the day to walk with Him in the New Garden free from shame, sin, and guilt! Until then, I walk and talk and enjoy fellowship.

Do you enjoy walking?
When do you feel closest to the LORD?

No comments:

Post a Comment