Friday, March 2, 2012

Proverb-A-Day

{Fun Friday}

Well I think this is fun . . .

When I first became a Christian I asked the Pastor that did my dad's funeral how in the heck do you even read the bible? Where do you start? What do you do?

He suggested that I read a chapter a day in Mark, and a proverb a day. He told me there are 31 Proverbs, so one a day and you'll get through them in the month! This just excited me because I thought it was so organized!

I still do it to this very day. Each month there are 31 days, I read through Proverbs. (I'd say it's my favorite book, but I say that about every book. Even the kids at Good News Club this very week called me out on that! I told them our memory verse was out of Isaiah, my favorite book, and they shouted "hey you already said Romans was your favorite book!" Busted!)

So Proverbs is one of my favorite books!

Another pastor who I love listening to, taught me a neat way to study the Proverbs. He makes a little chart with icons (mouth for words, a heart for scripture about the heart, a $ sign for scripture about $$money$$, etc.) You can listen to his sermons on Proverbs here: Proverbs

As he reads through proverbs, he groups the verses that talk about money, words, friendship, etc. Kinda neat, right?!?

So for this FUN friday activity, I'm going to make a little commitment to read through a Proverb a day in March!

Want to join me??

(Yes, today is Mar 2nd so you'll have to read 2 today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment